Sunday, March 21, 2010

WEEKEND OF NON-STOP SPORT!


Hey guys usually I talk to you about the big stories in which have arose throughout the world of Professional Sport but this time I thought I would enlighten you on my weekend of non-stop sport.

It all started on Friday night when I debuted for my new soccer club (Dural Logs) in a trail game against Pennant Hills soccer club. The match was played out at Pennant Hills Park at 7:30pm.

YES we got to play under lights, a few of the boys were looking forward to this one because playing at night sort of creates a buzz and it’s different to what we usually play. Our opposition was and other all age side and we played 25 minute quarters.

I wasn’t too sure as to what position I was going to play due to it being a new team and I have only been involved at training where we don’t play specific positions. I was extremely happy when I got told I was to start in my favoured position which is Left Midfield. I didn’t play too bad, a few of my touches were a bit off but that’s understandable with it being the first game I’ve played since August last year.

It was a very even game at half time with both sides having as many chances as the other. I got told I was to change positions and play in Centre Midfield, (which I have never played) I don’t really know how to play this position but went all right. We scored in this quarter (3rd quarter) it was a great goal by one of our best players! The score was 1 nil our way.

At the end of the 3rd quarter I asked if I could come off due to starting to get a couple of blisters underneath my feet, the game got a bit more physical in the last quarter and a few great saves by our new and naturally gifted keeper kept us in it and the game finished with us winning 1 nil.

Man was I a bit sore and tired and to think I had to back it up the next day with work in the morning and straight off to a cricket semi final.

On Friday morning I had received a phone call asking me to play up a couple of grades and play 3rd grade due to them being short and our team not playing because unfortunately we didn’t make the semi finals. I jumped at the chance because I was leading the wicket taking for the club and the bloke behind me played in the team I was going to play for and I wanted to extend my lead and take out the titled and also because I LOVE my Cricket!

The semi final is played over Saturday and Sunday. We (West Ryde Rovers) were playing the team who finished 1st (North Ryde RSL) in the regular season. They won the toss and sent us into bat and we only scored 127 runs. We then went into bowl, I got to open and bowled 9 overs straight without a rest. All of the bowlers were bowling nice and tight and we also got the best batter out for 0. The day finished and we had them 5 for 97. So they needed another 30 runs to win and we needed 5 wickets.

Sunday came along and most of us were pretty tight from the day before especially us bowlers. We needed quick wickets and we got one in the 4th over and we were back in the game. We were bowling really tight and fielding really well and not letting them get any runs. But unfortunately for us we were unable to take anymore wickets and they gradually got the runs they needed to win the match and send them into the grand final.

I’m sitting here and I’m pretty tired and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t sore especially my legs with running on them Friday night, Saturday and following it all up again on Sunday.

7 comments:

  1. WOW, Thats alot of sport! It's awesome that you're so motivated, walking from A to B is an active as I get. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the win in soccer! you must be fit to have gotten through that non stop weekend of sport. I makes me want to take up a sport do you play anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comments hayley and live sydney.

    yeah it was alot of sport.

    at the moment i just play soccer and cricket, then then i hit the gym 4 days a week to work on strength and i try and fit in a long distance run and some sprint work also to keep fit for soccer.

    i used to play golf but just dont have the time anymore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn you play alot of sport, i use to do 5 days a week of baseball but it ends up being pretty overwhelming and i had to cut back due to burning out, did you ever feel like you were overplaying / burning out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummm nah not really because i dont play the same sport or train for the same sport everyday. it was just this one off weekend where it was all jam packed. but at times i am pretty tired or not in the mood to do my weights training but a drag my self to do it and once ive started im fine.

    gees 5 days of baseball, you would eventually burn out especially if that was when you were at quite a young age, when i played rep soccer we trained 3 times a week with a game and i played for the scholl but schoool was way less intense so i just cruised in those games to save my self for rep, but i did get over it, now i just play a high level of club ands its still challenging and enjoyable

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that is one full on weekend of sport. It's great to hear that your so actively involved in sport. Congratulations on winning your soccer match as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah it was the post sport ive played in a weekend, thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete